How to Choose a Trademark Law Firm
In the market for a trademark law firm? Keep it simple by thinking like a consumer and try to find the best quality lawyer or trademark law firm at the most competitive price. In choosing a trademark lawyer, be mindful to take into account the following factors:
- What is their trademark clearance and prosecution experience before the USPTO?
- Do they charge a flat-fee for their trademark lawyer services or is it hourly-based?
- Does the trademark lawyer place a limit on what he or she will charge for their trademark services?
- What is their litigation experience?
- Do they place an emphasis on conflict resolution?
- Are they willing to discuss alternative fee arrangements?\
- Do they have litigation experience before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board?
- Have they ever represented a client in bringing or defending a Notice of Opposition?
- Have they ever represented a client in bringing or defending a Petition for Cancellation?